Our NYC bride Rachel, from the July Video of the Month, talks to Daddy’s Little Bride about her father-daughter wedding dance and gives advice to brides looking to create something similar.
1. When did you get married? I got married on April 13, 2013.
2. What inspired you to do an upbeat father-daughter dance? We are a dancing family. I have danced since I was 3 years old and we have videos throughout the years of my dad and I spontaneously dancing all around the house. So, only fitting to do an upbeat dance at my wedding!
3. How long did you practice before the performance? My father lives in Florida and I am in NYC…sooo we saw each other every 6-8 weeks for the year leading up to the wedding. I would say we spent about 12 hours practicing in total.
4. Did you choreograph the dance yourself? Yes! I focused on moves that he could do and was comfortable with.
5. Any advice to brides considering a fun father-daughter dance? It’s a no brainer, do it! Crowd goes nuts!!
Many thanks to Rachel for sharing her father-daughter dance experience with us! Check out our Dance Tips page for more advice on creating an awesome dance like Rachel’s!